Using hardwoods, we design our cutting boards to look fantastic on your counter while providing the benefits of wood.
Studies show that wood has a natural bacteria resistance that plastic does not have.
The wood fibres of these cutting boards is also better for your knifes than a plastic or glass cutting board, keeping your knife edges sharper, longer.
|Use and Care
- Your cutting board has been sealed with a commercial grade salad bowl finish and is ready to go.
- It is suitable for use with all types of foods including meats.
- To clean your cutting board scrub it with soapy water, rinse twice and dry it with a clean, soft towel.
- Set your cutting board on edge, if possible, so it gets maximum airflow to aid drying.
- Keep the feet on your cutting board to aid air flow while in use.
If you lose your feet they can be purchased from us or at Home Depot.
- Never immerse your cutting board in water or leave liquids standing on it.
- Do Not wash your cutting board in the dishwasher.
- For a stronger cleaning or to remove a smell you can wipe it with:
full strength vinegar,
a mixture of 1 teaspoon of liquid clorine bleach to 1 litre of water
follow this with a regular cleaning.
- If you have a stain on your cutting board it will fade with time and washing, or you can rub it with a course salt to help remove it. Follow this with a regular cleaning.
Seasoning your Cutting Board
For long life your cutting board needs to be seasoned.
We recommend a Food Grade Mineral Oil. It can be purchased at any pharmacy.
Some pharmacies stock it in a light or heavy version, we reccomend the heavy version.
About once a month or if your cutting board is looking dull or dry put 1 to 2 tablespoons of mineral oil
on the surface, rub it in with a paper towel and let stand for 5 minutes. Using a clean paper towel wipe off any excess.
After a few years of use you may wish to have your cutting board refinished. Unique Wood Products can do that for you, planing, sanding and refinishing your cutting board for a nominal fee.